Who is Pilgrims' Light?
This is a ministry that was begun in 2010 to teach people about the Bible. How to study the Bible and how to memorize Scripture. This ministry has an emphasis on the cultural context of the Bible. A missing ingredient in much of the realm of Bible learning. That is why there is an emphasis on Hebrew and some of the traditions that Jesus and the Disciples were very familiar with. This has been lost, for the most part, to the Christian world. To understand the Bible is to understand what Jesus did, and how he did it. So the focus of this ministry is to help people understand the cultural context of the Bible along with everything else about the Bible that can be learned. To study the Bible, to learn its teachings, to memorize the Bible, and to live the Bible is what we are all about.
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world.
1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent as three in one: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:1-2; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus (Yeshua) the Messiah, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His second coming in person in power and glory. Psalm 22; 69; Isaiah 53; Zechariah 12:9-10; Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere will face the judgment of God, that Jesus (Yeshua) the Messiah is the only way of salvation, and the gate of the Kingdom of Heaven, and that to enter the Kingdom one must repent of sin and proclaim faith in Jesus (Yeshua) the Messiah King of Israel, this results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24:46-47; John 10:9; 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Believer to live a godly life. John 3:5-8;
Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Jesus (Yeshua) the Messiah and that all true believers are members of His body, the royal priesthood, and holy nation of God's own possession. Exodus 19:5-6; 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23 1st Peter 2:9.
- We believe that the ministry of sharing the good news of the Kingdom of God and of His Son Jesus (Yeshua) the Messiah and teaching all to observe everything that He has commanded is a responsibility of every follower of Jesus (Yeshua) the Messiah. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27;
1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of sharing the good news of His Kingdom and ours. Matthew 9:35-38, 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
In addition to the above statements we believe that God's covenants are eternal and that through the God of our Fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, through Moses, through David, and finally through the Messiah of Israel Jesus (Yeshua) God has provided for His people a faith, a land, a way of life, a king, and salvation for all eternity. That God through His people of all the ages, both of the nation Israel, and those grafted in, share in all of the covenants of God down to this day. That all Believers must be born twice in this life, once by natural birth, and again by spiritual birth into the Kingdom of heaven. The spiritual birth into the Kingdom comes through the Suffering Servant of Israel, Messiah Son of Joseph and His payment of the bride price in His own blood, to redeem for Himself a people. That the same Messiah who suffered will return as Messiah Son of David to judge the earth and establish His eternal Kingdom on earth as it is in heaven, so that we His people may dwell in His house forever and ever. Amen.